Interested in joining our team?
Zenith Products Corp. (ZPC) periodically has career openings. All positions are based at ZPC’s headquarters in New Castle, Del. (just outside Wilmington, Del., 45 minutes south of Philadelphia, 1 hour north of Baltimore), unless otherwise noted.
ZPC offers a competitive health care benefits package, a 401(k) plan, paid vacations and holidays, and employee discounts, among other fringe benefits. ZPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a Drug Free Workplace.
TO APPLY FOR A POSITION: Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Please reference the job title in the subject line of your e-mail.
Current Available Positions
Associate Product Manager
The Associate Product Manager will be responsible for driving profitable growth of the assigned category(s) in a cross-functional team environment. He or she will develop, analyze and execute product line plans and strategies, under the direction of the Product Manager or Director Product Marketing. This person will also create elements for key Sales presentations and Business Reviews, working collaboratively with Sales Administration and Sales. This position reports to the Product Manager and Category Team Leader, Director Product Marketing.
Essential Job Functions:
- Implements and executes product development strategies from concept through to execution and the consumer experience.
- Communicate and lead product development projects within a cross-functional team. Interface with internal systems to set up new products and Request for Quotes with Global Sourcing.
- Researches, analyzes and delivers competitive product analysis and consumer trend insights both formally and informally through field/store visits, online research and review of trade journals; utilizes data gathered to formulate plans for growth and expansion at both the sku and category level.
- Manage the product portfolio on a SKU and category level to ensure profitability and an effective, efficient product line including the assortment/product mix and refresh/replacement/drop strategies
- Develops a deep understanding of customer specific nuances and requirements, including but not limited to: packaging, materials specifications, testing and retail targets
- Provide reporting to project status and product performance tracking.
- Interface with key customer account objectives and product needs to the Sales Teams.
- Determine and provide product specifications, collateral, and samples for sales presentations.
Desired Skills, Abilities, and Qualifications
- Able to effectively communicate both written and orally
- Excellent time management and organizational skills are a must
- Detail oriented; able to deliver impactful and accurate presentations
- Must be able to work efficiently and effectively to ensure that deadlines are met with accuracy
- Positive attitude with ability to creatively problem solve and quickly tackle internal and external obstacles
- Strong analytical and financial skills; must have the ability to effectively evaluate information from both a micro and macro perspective
- Solid business acumen
- Proficient in the MS Office Suite
- Familiarity with retail processes and structures (multiple channel tiers)
- Home Furnishings experience is a plus (hard goods and textiles- manufacturing & logistics)
The Sourcing Analyst’s role is to be a liaison between Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Design, Planning, and our global vendors. This person will be responsible for all aspects of vendor and product management for our suppliers in both the US and abroad. This is a salaried position reporting to the Product Development Director.
- Providing analysis support in areas including: Sourcing, qualifying, sampling, testing, costing, negotiating, vendor contracts, quality control, and freight/payment terms
- Monitoring and reporting on vendor performance against key indicators
- Expediting open projects, cost analyses, and ad hoc requests
- Identifying problems and recommending solutions in all areas of vendor and/or product management
- Freight forwarding analysis including both tracking and reporting costs and utilization
- Review and analyze processes recommending changes to promote efficiencies
- Maintain highest level of quality regarding timeliness, visual presentation, and accuracy
- BS/BA in Engineering or Business
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Sourcing or other field with data analysis background
- Highly proficient in MS Office (Advanced in Excel and experience in Access is preferred)
- Ability to interpret engineered or technical drawings
- Project Management skills
Additional Desired Attributes and Abilities:
- Self-motivated individual looking to make an impact
- High sense of urgency- need to prioritize and complete tasks quickly and accurately
- Excellent analytical ability – must be able to look at data and make sound conclusions
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment where priorities frequently change
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and organized in presentation of data
- Willing to work flexible hours to meet deadlines or communicate with overseas partners
- Experience with housewares products is preferred
Scope of Position:
As part of the Marketing Services team, the Packaging Engineer will lead packaging development programs from concept to commercialization that meet the requirements of operations, distribution, marketing and sales. The Packaging Engineer will also be responsible for reviewing current/legacy packaging with the goal of improving product survivability, cost, and or merchandising. This individual must be self-motivated with strong computer, project management and communication skills. This individual must also be capable of handling multiple development projects; ensuring critical product development milestones are met. Candidate must be able to negotiate costs, create BOMs and problem solve issues with packaging resources both domestically and in China.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and develop new packaging concepts using corrugate and other packaging mediums that support existing and future category initiatives
- Work closely with packaging suppliers to meet project needs
- Develop and manage all timelines for all packaging projects
- Work closely with cross functional teams to ensure that key product requirements are identified and delivered
- Perform required packaging testing as appropriate
- Work with external packaging testing labs as required
- Develop packaging die specifications for new and or existing products
- Develop packaging cost estimates to be integrated in to product costing analysis
- Create Bill of Materials for new and existing products
- Develop and maintain packaging specifications for all products
- Lead/participate on productivity teams that contribute to overall company cost savings objectives
- B.S. Packaging Design / Engineering
- 5 years of relevant packaging engineering experience
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office software
- Expert in the use of Artios CAD
- Ability to learn/use Tops, Smart Packer, Adobe Illustrator, Solid Works
- Ability to operate die cutting table- Data Tech
- Strong project management skills
Product Development Engineer
Zenith is looking for a mechanical or industrial engineer to be an integral part of its new product development and manufacturing engineering team. This person will be responsible for the development of new products from initial conception through final production and assembly.
- Developing cost estimates for materials and labor to ensure profitability of the products to interface with design team to minimize manufacturing cost.
- Supporting all aspects of the manufacturing environment, as well as investigating and providing feedback on all quality related questions
- Functional testing of products and hardware components, as well as evaluation of alternative materials and vendors, as a daily aspect of the position.
- Developing new methods and utilizing existing procedures to facilitate the introduction and production of new product from design to market.
- Initiating, evaluating, and implementing potential changes to product design or manufacturing methods, facilitated by an engineering change order system
- Being creative and applying engineering principles for the development of all new products.
Desired Skills, Abilities, and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
- 2-5 years of experience in fast-paced, sales driven, manufacturing environment.
- Background or familiarity with plastic, sheet metal, and/or wood processing.
- Machine programming a strong plus (i.e. CNC programming)
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects while maintaining customer deadlines.
- Self-motivated, highly organized, hands on and detail oriented
- Strong computer skills required, specifically SolidWorks and Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Hands-on with prototype building and laboratory testing
Director of Materials
Responsible for the operations of PIC and Forecasting, as well as coordinating with all other facets of the company to ensure product needs are met efficiently, financially responsible, and on time.
- Lead, mentor and motivate a team of Buyer/Planners and Forecasters.
- Work with all departments to ensure timely production or delivery of components and finished goods to meet customer demands at the lowest possible cost.
- Manage inventory purchases within common inventory metric guidelines.
- Coordinate purchasing and production planning related activities with Engineering, Production, and Product Management.
- Work with production, shipping and receiving to optimize efficiencies.
- Create and monitor budgetary targets for materials planning and take action to insure targets are met.
- Determine target inventory and planning method policies for products.
- Utilize production and vendor capacity to estimate inventory projections.
- Develop and improve policies and procedures.
- Maintain minimal inventory levels without adversely affecting production or operational expenses.
- Support decision-making and the improvement of critical processes including production scheduling, materials planning, lean manufacturing, inventory control, capacity planning, logistics, and distribution resource planning.
- Maintain control of order backlog including initial order scheduling based upon capacity plan, material availability, and production constraints.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives designed to increase service levels, optimize inventory, and reduce factory costs.
- Evaluate risks and opportunities related to demand forecasts and supply capabilities. Develop contingency plans to account for demand and supply volatility as necessary to mitigate risks.
- Identify short-term and mid-term capacity risks.
- Ensure consistent and uniform scheduling techniques that provide efficient material movement with purchasing, and production.
- Coordinate with finance/accounting on matters involving inventory carrying costs.
- Manage in a dual manufacturing model of “build to order" and “planned order" environment.
- Bachelor Degree required, MBA or Masters Degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in materials management.
- Supervisory experience of buyers, planners, and other inventory control positions.
- ERP experience required.
Additional Desired Attributes and Abilities:
- Strong communication (written and verbal), organizational, and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to multi-task and assess priorities in a complex and demanding environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a demanding environment.
- Strong knowledge/experience in supporting materials management utilizing Information Technology.
- Adept at leading fast paced, multi-faceted teams.
- Ability to communicate with, and influence, all levels of leadership both internally and externally.
- Strong analytical capabilities.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Manufacturing experience a plus.
- APICS Certified a plus.
- Six Sigma greenbelt a plus.
Human Resources Generalist
The Human Resources Generalist handles a wide variety of Human Resource functions for the office staff including: staffing, employee relations, and compensation and benefit programs. Administers performance management programs, coaching employees and managers in the administration and implementation of company policies and procedures.
- Recruiting and staffing administration for all salary exempt and non-exempt positions including job postings, resume searches, candidate screening and assessments.
- Constructs and delivers employment offers.
- Updates and delivers new hire orientations and facilitate the onboarding process with all professional functions.
- Handles benefit plan administration and services employee information requests and resolves issues.
- Audits and processes all benefit plan invoicing and employee deductions.
- Administers performance management policies and record keeping.
- Interpret, explain, and apply applicable state and federal laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement programs to ensure compliance with applicable laws as well as company philosophy and policies.
- Responsible for compensation administration for salary exempt and non-exempt staff.
- Conducts market wage surveys and analysis of wage structure.
- Administers bi-weekly payroll process and HRIS system updates with status changes, new hires, and terminations.
- Coordinates and executes employment separation processing and unemployment compensation administration.
- Investigate and resolve employee complaints in accordance with company policies and applicable regulations.
- Responsible for internal and external HR reporting and analysis such as headcount, turnover, absenteeism, applicant tracking, EEO-1 and Vets 100 reporting, and other KPIs.
Qualifications and Desired Attributes:
- BS/BA in Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of exempt level human resources work experience.
- PHR Certification required, SPHR preferred.
- Highly proficient in MS Office, advanced level Excel skills preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and organized in presentation of data.
- Prior recruiting of professional or exempt level associates strongly preferred.