Interested in joining our team?
Zenith Products Corp. (ZPC) periodically has career openings. All positions are based at ZPC’s headquarters in New Castle, Del. (just outside Wilmington, Del., 45 minutes south of Philadelphia, 1 hour north of Baltimore), unless otherwise noted.
ZPC offers a competitive health care benefits package, a 401(k) plan, paid vacations and holidays, and employee discounts, among other fringe benefits. ZPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a Drug Free Workplace.
TO APPLY FOR A POSITION: Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Please reference the job title in the subject line of your e-mail.
Current Available Positions
Zenith Products is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Mechanic for our Injection Molding department.
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain injection molding machines
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain all auxiliary equipment, including grinders, water systems, conveyors, etc.
- Perform continuous improvement projects
- 5 years mechanical maintenance experience
- Basic computer skills
- 4 yrs hydraulic troubleshooting
- 2 yrs electrical troubleshooting
- Injection molding experience preferred.
- Chilled water system experience preferred.
- Ability to work 12:00 noon - 10:00 pm Monday through Thursday
Zenith Products Corporation is seeking a Maintenance Technician for our production and assembly departments.
- Troubleshooting and repair packaging and metal forming machinery
- Performing preventive maintenance
- Performing continuous improvement projects
- Minimum education: High School Diploma
- Prior experience: 3 years mechanical maintenance exp.
- Computer skills: Basic Computer skills
- Specialized skill(s): Pneumatics; AC/DC motor controls; Mechanical and Electrical troubleshooting
The Manufacturing Supervisor is accountable to ensure safe work environment, meet finished and in-process goods production schedules and quality standards. Maintain labor efficiencies to budget, and effectively manage associates to achieve these goals.
- Responsible for facilitating associate activities toward achieving plant goals through effective communication skills, fair implementation and administration of company policies, and motivational techniques that bring associates together as a team.
- Lead/Coach associates to maximize labor productivity, communicating expectations, procedures, policies, goals and budget in adherence in a fair and dignified manner
- Monitor production cells to achieve desired throughput to meet production plans and maintain the appropriate quality and efficiency levels.
- Conduct personnel reviews, and counseling when needed. Provide positive and negative feedback, to encourage associates to perform as required.
- Coach associates to maintain 5S standards.
- Enforce safety rules and provide safety training.
- Assist process technicians throughout shift.
- Monitor scrap rates on machines and adjust as necessary.
- Good Communication skills, written and verbal in English. Spanish is a plus.
- Degree, 2 or 4 year, preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Familiar with Lean Manufacturing and or Six Sigma principles. Understanding of Root Cause Analysis. Green Belt a plus.
- Strong organization and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be dynamic, flexible and able to think outside the box, and be a change facilitator.
- Must be a leader, mentor, coach, and teacher.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
- Must have a positive attitude and approach job with passion and intensity.
- Must be able to make decisions on own and defend decisions.
- Must be self-directed and a strong team supporter whether leading or following.
The PIC Supervisor is responsible for all of the activities of the PIC department currently consisting of 3 planner/buyers and 2 import buyers. This includes all daily Purchasing and Production Planning functions required to support the manufacturing of our domestically produced product as well as the timely supply of our imported goods to meet customer demand. Other main responsibilities include Inventory Control of all raw material and finished goods inventories as well as Capacity Management for our manufacturing facility. The PIC Supervisor is a key position interacting with all other parts of the company such as Forecasting, Sales, Manufacturing, Marketing, Global Sourcing, and Finance in order to coordinate efforts to meet customer needs. This person must have excellent communication skills and the ability to operate down at the detailed level as well as see things in a broader scope in order to make good decisions. This position requires extensive knowledge and understanding of MRP systems. This position reports to the Director of Materials.
The Production Inventory Control (PIC) Supervisor is responsible for:
- Strong leadership- providing support and sound direction for supporting staff
- Train and support with new processes, knowledge and tools to improve performance
- Timely delivery of material at the right quantity and price
- Maintain relationships with domestic vendors
- Aid Global Sourcing department as required
- Address issues with vendors on timeliness or quality
- Coordinating with other disciplines to resolve or mitigate
- Production Planning-
- Provide daily schedules to manufacturing that best maximize efficiency while meeting customer requirements based on orders and/or forecast
- Track manufacturing’s schedule attainment
- Capacity Planning- providing outlook for both personnel and machine requirements in the future based on sales forecast and available resources
- Include non-standard needs as well as standard
- Inventory Control-
- Maintain proper inventory levels to maximize turns without sacrificing customer service
- Manage excess and obsolete items
- Oversee inventory systems’ parameters, and adjust for improvement
- Performance Metrics- maintain and establish key performance measures
- SOP’s- maintain and establish all departmental procedures
- Responsible for timely execution and coordination for promotions and New product rollouts
- Key member of a cross functional team. Providing operational information to other members of the company
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- APICS certification preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience in purchasing, production scheduling, or inventory management
- Previous personnel management experience preferred
- Previous ERP/MRP experience required
- Must be proficient in Excel and a working knowledge of Access is preferred
- Must be detail oriented and well-organized
- Need to demonstrate strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task in order to keep up in a fast-paced environment