Interested in joining our team?
Zenith Products Corp. (ZPC) periodically has career openings at our corporate headquarters in New Castle, Del., or other locations nationwide. For positions listed here, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Please reference the job title in the subject line of your e-mail. All positions are based at ZPC’s headquarters in New Castle, Del. (just outside Wilmington, Del., 45 minutes south of Philadelphia, 1 hour north of Baltimore), unless otherwise noted.
ZPC offers a competitive health care benefits package, a 401(k) plan, paid vacations and holidays, and employee discounts, among other fringe benefits. ZPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a Drug Free Workplace.
Current Available Positions
Position: Product Development Engineer
Zenith is looking for a mechanical or industrial engineer to be an integral part of its new product development and manufacturing engineering team. This person will be responsible for the development of new products from initial conception through final production and assembly.
- Developing cost estimates for materials and labor to ensure profitability of the products to interface with design team to minimize manufacturing cost.
- Supporting all aspects of the manufacturing environment, as well as investigating and providing feedback on all quality related questions
- Functional testing of products and hardware components, as well as evaluation of alternative materials and vendors, as a daily aspect of the position.
- Developing new methods and utilizing existing procedures to facilitate the introduction and production of new product from design to market.
- Initiating, evaluating, and implementing potential changes to product design or manufacturing methods, facilitated by an engineering change order system
- Being creative and applying engineering principles for the development of all new products.
Desired Skills, Abilities, and Qualifications
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
- 2-5 years of experience in fast-paced, sales driven, manufacturing environment.
- Background or familiarity with plastic, sheet metal, and/or wood processing.
- Machine programming a strong plus (i.e. CNC programming)
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects while maintaining customer deadlines.
- Self-motivated, highly organized, hands on and detail oriented
- Strong computer skills required, specifically SolidWorks and Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Hands-on with prototype building and laboratory testing
Position: Sourcing Analyst
The Sourcing Analyst’s role is to be a liaison between Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Design, Planning, and our global vendors. This person will be responsible for all aspects of vendor and product management for our suppliers in both the US and abroad. This is a salaried position reporting to the Vendor Relations Manager.
- Providing analysis support in areas including: Sourcing, qualifying, sampling, testing, costing, negotiating, vendor contracts, quality control, and freight/payment terms
- Monitoring and reporting on vendor performance against key indicators
- Expediting open projects, cost analyses, and ad hoc requests
- Identifying problems and recommending solutions in all areas of vendor and/or product management
- Freight forwarding analysis including both tracking and reporting costs and utilization
- Review and analyze processes recommending changes to promote efficiencies
- Maintain highest level of quality regarding timeliness, visual presentation, and accuracy
- BS/BA in Engineering or Business
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Sourcing or other field with data analysis background
- Highly proficient in MS Office (Advanced in Excel and experience in Access is preferred)
- Ability to interpret engineered or technical drawings
- Project Management skills
Additional Desired Attributes and Abilities:
- Self-motivated individual looking to make an impact
- High sense of urgency- need to prioritize and complete tasks quickly and accurately
- Excellent analytical ability – must be able to look at data and make sound conclusions
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment where priorities frequently change
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and organized in presentation of data
- Willing to work flexible hours to meet deadlines or communicate with overseas partners
- Experience with housewares products is preferred
Position: Associate Product Manager
Within a cross functional team environment, The Associate Product Manager will be responsible for executing both short and long term strategic category initiatives. He or She will develop, analyze and execute tactical product line plans through gathering market data and managing product development from conception to completion. This person will also be responsible for creating and managing materials and information for key sales presentations and business reviews. This position reports to the Product Manager and the Director of Marketing & Design.
Essential Job Functions
- Implements and executes product development strategies from concept through to execution
- Communicates and leads category projects within a cross-functional team including Design, Sourcing, Marketing Services and Sales
- Assists in the strategic business review process and creates product line plans in support of the top line strategy of the product category
- Researches, analyzes and delivers competitive product analysis and consumer trend insights both formally and informally through field/store visits, online research and review of trade journals; utilizes data gathered to formulate plans for growth and expansion at both the sku and category level
- Responsible for management of the product portfolio on a sku and category level to ensure profitability and sku rationalization including the assortment/product mix and refresh/replacement/drop strategies
- Develops a deep understanding of customer specific nuances and requirements, including but not limited to: packaging, materials specifications, testing and retail targets
- Efficiently interfaces with internal systems and team members in support of the progressive execution of projects and product launches
Desired Skills, Abilities, and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of consumer products experience or related field
- Able to effectively communicate both written and orally
- Excellent time management and organizational skills are a must
- Detail oriented; able to deliver impactful and accurate presentations
- Must be able to work efficiently and effectively to ensure that deadlines are met with accuracy
- Positive attitude with ability to creatively problem solve and quickly tackle internal and external obstacles
- Strong analytical and financial skills; must have the ability to effectively evaluate information from both a micro and macro perspective
- Solid business acumen
- Proficient in the MS Office Suite
- Familiarity with retail processes and structures (multiple channel tiers)
- Home Furnishings experience is a plus (hard goods and textiles- manufacturing & logistics)